- 1 pound lean ground beef chuck
- 1 pound ground beef sirloin
- Sea salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 4 or 8 brioche buns
- ⅓ cup yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 to 8 tomato slices, 1/4-inch-thick
- 4 to 8 red onion slices, 1/4-inch-thick
- 8 pickle slices
- 8 burger-size lettuce leaves
- Maple curry ketchup
- Toast buns on medium heat in a pan or skillet until golden brown or in a preheated oven at 350 F.
- To make the Gorgonzola Cheeseburger, combine meats and mix. Divide into eight patties and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Chill the patties for 30 minutes. Place thumbprints in the center of each burger patty.
- Melt butter in the pan, then cook the burger patties until a dark brown crust begins to form. For medium-well, cook for 5 minutes. Top each burger with cheese and cover briefly.
- Spread a teaspoon of mustard on both sides of each patty. Place your burgers on toasted buns and top with tomato, red onion, and lettuce. Add the Gorgonzola-crumbled cheese on top of the sizzling patties. Add the maple curry ketchup if desired.
Other Recipes You May Like